CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Welcome to Echo Effect Class Space

This is your porthole to your class assignments, and other sites important to you as a student at Rainshadow.  




Updates, Updates!

So, we are embarking on a move to a new building.  The Echo Effect Class is also going to be embarking on some changes.  Currently, a class workbook is being assembled for use in the class based upon the past 3 years of activities.  The 2009-2010 school year is just around the corner...  Hopefully everyone is having a great summer break!

One of the Most Moving Documentaries I Have Ever Seen...

Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father

I had no idea what I was in for when I began to watch this film.  I knew very little about it, except that my husband thought it looked interesting and it received 5 stars on Netflix.  As the story unfolded, I found myself emotionally tied to the story like no other story I have ever watched.  It begins as a story to a baby about his murdered father.  The film tells the story of Andrew Bagby through old film clips and interviews with friends and family.  But, there's a twist...  and the more you watch the film, the more frustrated you may find yourself.  Distraught, really.  It's almost difficult to even write about.  Throughout the journey, you are introduced to Andrew's amazing parents.  Their walk is one I wouldn't wish on anyone, and yet they face it with grace at every step.  If we don't watch this film in class (mainly because it is so emotional), I strongly recommend you watch it on your own.  You will not be sorry, though your entire world view may be different.

A Fun View of Camera Shots

BeAt KiDs

So, be impressed... very impressed. Rainshadow's own Jackie and Lamar created this documentary from a trip they took over Christmas break to San Francisco and Oakland. The premise of the film is a night without sleep-- a night for true beats, just trying to find their connection with life. On their journey, they discover the quiet of the night and the awe of seeing that sunrise. Exhaustion. Curiousity. In the true vain of the documentary genre, they allow themselves to experience their medium. This is one model that you might look to when creating your own story.

"They danced down the streets like dingledodies, and I shambled after as I've been doing all my life after people who interest me, because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones that never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn..."- Jack Kerouac, On the Road.

More, the yawns and commonplace sayings are the stuff of life. Check out the video below--